Creating the future of opera
ENO is creating the future of opera: presenting award winning work that is new, exciting and surprising.
Collaborating with creative talent from across the arts we stage more new productions and contemporary opera than any other UK opera company. We have a world class reputation for distinctive and highly theatrical productions which has resulted in many high profile artistic partnerships with opera houses and festivals around the world, including the Metropolitan Opera, New York and Bayerische Staatsoper, Munich.
We are committed to creating new audiences for opera through English language performances which are affordable and accessible to everyone. We provide unique opportunities and pathways for British singers, conductors, directors and designers.
Recent ENO Facts:
- 30% of our audience are under 44, up from 21% five years ago
- 37,000 saw a contemporary opera in 2009/10
- 50,000 tickets at £20 or less in 2009/10
- ENO productions travel to over 20 international opera houses
- 85% of singers and conductors are British born, trained or resident in the 2010/11 Season
- ENO is the largest employer of UK opera talent
If you are interested in receiving further details of ENO Productions, Events and News.
Access All Arias