Filming and Photography
Wherever possible ENO welcomes filming and photography that relates editorially to ENO’s programme or the building.
ENO’s Theatre Management can also facilitate some location filming. Each request is dealt with on an individual case by case basis and may be subject to fees depending on the nature of the request.
For all requests please contact
Head of Press, Elizabeth Barrett, 020 7845 9261, email@example.com
Editorial Filming Under News Access
All filming of ENO performances and rehearsals is undertaken in accordance with the relevant MU code of practice. ENO asks that all requests for filming are made where possible two days in advance to allow ENO sufficient time to notify the relevant parties.
The following networks are able to film ENO productions under the MU News Access agreement:
- London News Network
- Reuters Video News and London TH What's On.
Any network that does not come under the above list must be referred by ENO to the MU for approval.
News items which include performances by ENO musicians may only be broadcast under the terms of the Code of Practice in the following:
- Network news bulletins
- Local news bulletins and round ups
- Exclusively Arts and Music programmes and agreed listings programmes
Under News Access any of the above broadcasters are permitted to do the following:
- Film for up to one hour after which cameras must clearly not be recording
- The maximum transmission time of performances by musicians is:
- One minute of such performance where the music is featured i.e. not background or otherwise incidental
- One minute of such performances where the music is not featured (for example where the performance of the musicians is heard in the background of an interview or under a voice over)
In the event of the transmitted duration of the performance of musicians exceeding the transmission time limits specified above the Broadcaster will be liable for payment of appropriate fees.
Editorial Filming: Documentary and features
All requests for documentaries and features involving any filming must be sent in writing to Elizabeth Barrett, Head of Press, firstname.lastname@example.org
Already a member?
Sign in now to access the members only area
Not a member?
Join now to receive priority booking, invitations to dress rehearsals and members-only events and much more.