Become a Friend of ENO
Our Friends are ENO’s core supporters, sharing our passion for presenting world-class distinctive opera in English to the widest possible audience.
Ticket revenue covers less than a third of the costs of producing opera. The financial contribution of the Friends is vital and helps us to realise our mission as the UK’s most groundbreaking producer of new opera productions, collaborating with artists from the world of dance, visual arts, film, theatre and opera to create works that inspire and engage.
In recognition of your support, we extend a range of privileges that allow Friends to engage more closely with the company. View our forthcoming Friends events.
Enjoy priority booking ahead of the general public, behind-the-scenes access at the London Coliseum and have the opportunity to attend dress rehearsals and events with company artists. Friends are among the first to hear about the forthcoming productions and each season you sponsor a new ENO production.
Membership of the Friends is a great way to get involved with the work of our award-winning Company. Join us today and invest in the future of opera.
Give the gift of a membership to the Friends of ENO
Friends membership is the gift that lasts the whole year long and is suitable for for all occasions. It makes the perfect gift for any opera lover, allowing them to enjoy the benefits that membership brings.
Gift memberships are available at any of the levels shown above and the welcome pack can either be sent directly to the recipient with a message from you, or to you to present the gift yourself.
For more information or to purchase a gift membership call the Friends office on 020 7845 9420 or email email@example.com
To join online and pay by debit or credit card, please select a membership level:
Alternatively, you can join online and pay by direct debit.
Solo Friends and Duet Friends
Cost: Solo - £50 annually or £4.20/month by Direct Debit
Duet - £90 annually or £7.50/month by Direct Debit
- Access to dress rehearsal tickets from only £7*
- Invitations to attend special events and a chance to meet ENO artists
- Priority booking for ENO performances
- Inside ENO magazine and regular mailings
- Solo Friends are entitled to book one ticket for each dress rehearsal and the pre-dress rehearsal talk
- Duet Friends will receive one mailing and are entitled to book two tickets for each dress rehearsal and the pre-dress rehearsal talk
Cost: £175 annually or £14.60/month by Direct Debit
Benefits include all of the above, plus:
- Enhanced priority booking for dress rehearsals and events
- The opportunity to invite up to three guests to the Friends events
- Invitations to selected interval drinks receptions at dress rehearsals
- Recognition in the Friends supported production programme – one per season
- Recognition in the Friends magazine, Inside ENO – one per season
Cost: £400 annually or £33.40/month by Direct Debit
Benefits include all of the above, plus:
- Enhanced advance information, including season press release
- Access to two music rehearsals a season
- Invitation to one Patron event and post-event supper per season (for example, a talk by a director or singer followed by an intimate supper)
- Invitation to season launch event with the Artistic Director
- Invitations to exclusive company recitals and receptions
Here's what Friends have to say about ENO's Friends programme:
'Being a Friend of ENO has not only enriched my experience of opera over the years but has also inspired a strong sense of loyalty towards the Company. I am proud to support a company that is willing to take creative risks to extend the boundaries of this art form whilst celebrating the joys of its more traditional repertoire.' Tina Maxwell
'I especially enjoy the events series. It is always very enlightening to hear artists or directors speak about their work. These events are well planned, informal and there is always a great atmosphere.' Roger Knight
'We like meeting other Friends who share the same interests and have the satisfaction of contributing to an organisation which gives us so much pleasure. Our advice is: invest in the Friends of ENO. You will find it pays excellent dividends.' Eric & Sylvia Sklar