English National Opera
English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone.
This appointment will be made on merit, but we believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at ENO to make the arts and cultural sector a more diverse and equal place. As Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) and disabled people are currently under-represented at ENO, we particularly encourage and welcome applications from BAME and disabled applicants.
Assistant Orchestra Manager
Reporting to the Director of Orchestra and Music Department (DOMD) and the Orchestra Manager (OM) the Assistant Orchestra Manager is responsible for assisting with the effective management and operation of the Orchestra of ENO, deputising for the OM on a regular basis.
Your duties will include:
- Liaise with the OM in the production and distribution of the orchestral schedule.
- In collaboration with the OM, manage the booking of all extra and deputy players as required.
- Administer all payments and payment records to the orchestra and to extra and deputy players.
- In collaboration with the OM and Music Director (MD) arrange all orchestral auditions and trials.
- Reporting to the OM, manage all issues regarding health and safety for the Orchestra.
- Ensure that all rehearsals and performances are run efficiently.
- Manage the day to day running of the orchestra office, including efficient filing and record keeping.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Experience of working with orchestral musicians and MU practices.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrable organisational skills.
- A calm, professional manner with a good sense of humour.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of OPAS would be preferable.
Closing date: 25 April 2019
Interviews to be held on 29 and 30 April