To work effectively as part of a team, ensuring that all assigned activities associated with the Technical Department are carried out to the highest possible standard of efficiency, safety, and quality at all ENO’s places of work as laid down by the Technical Director. Work with a positive and professional attitude, maintain a positive health and safety culture and be accountable and responsible for achieving the demands of ENO by utilising the resources available in the most effective manner.
- Oversee the Stage Department budgets CAPEX, OPEX, Production Budgets in accordance with Technical Management. Forecast OPEX budgets in relation future ENO programme & department maintenance, and CAPEX upon projects requested by Technical Management.
- Ensure that all incidents, near misses are reported and the appropriate paperwork completed.
- Ensure all personnel within the Stage Department are cross trained in activities related to other departments where necessary to accommodate the efficient operation of the technical department. This may involve working alongside colleagues primarily trained in these specific areas on an equal basis, sharing the workload across the technical department.
- Participate in the development of risk assessment and standard operating procedures where required.
- Ensure that Stage department monitor all productions to always maintain the creative and artistic vision of a production.
- Ensure that all ENO storage spaces are kept in an organised manner, document all storage requirements, ensure any items within storage are kept in a state of readiness.
- Cover colleagues at higher and lower grades when necessary. Take responsibility for managing Stage Department team’s attendance, safe working, motivation, discipline, welfare, and support effective team-working.
- Organise maintenance on all items within storage that are in need of repairs and carry out routine inspections of storage facilities and advance inspection of items needed for upcoming productions and provide detailed reports of any work required.
- Keep and uphold the Stage Department Asset Database, ensuring all equipment is clearly labelled with appropriate ENO labels.
- Plan and liaise with Transport & Stores Manager to ensure the most productive use of the ENO fleet and offsite storage spaces.
- Manage a team within the department as directed by the Technical Management.
- Providing scheduling information to staff and technical management in a clear, concise, and professional format.
- Ability to provide clear and concise responses to questions from staff and managers regarding scheduling queries.
- Ensure staff information is entered and updated within ENO’s chosen scheduling software.
- Maintenance of staging systems inc. flying, traps, sliders, orchestra elevators.
- Stage machinery inc. counterweight flying (single, double purchase systems), motor & hoist rigging and control, trussing systems (inc. ground-support systems).
- Expertise in stage design.
- Scenery, decoration, and props building and maintenance, inc. woodwork & joinery skills, metal work.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Use of hand tools, battery and mains operated. Working on load-ins and loadouts, changeovers & performances.
- Ability to create and follow cue sheets and stage plots required for performances.
- Expert leadership skills and experience managing a department of at least 20 people.
- Managing a Stage team, including external contractors, scheduling of team (within union house and repertory theatre preferred), and conduct excellent cross-department communications.
- Creation of department documentation inc. Training Schedules, Risk Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures, Asset Management Registers.
- Knowledge of theatrical terminology.
- Scheduling Software.
- Experience in another department within the theatrical environment.
- Experience in Production Management / Project Management.
- Leadership or Management Qualification.
- University degree in Technical Theatre or relevant job specific accreditations.
- Recognised certifications in Rigging, Stage Craft, Health & Safety.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Strong communication skills to ensure effective interactions at all levels across a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to take direction from senior staff and manage assigned jobs list.
- Ability to solve problems and use own initiative.
- Desire to learn new skills and share knowledge with colleagues.
Please see the attached recruitment pack for more information on how to apply.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022 at 10am