English National Opera
English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone.
This appointment will be made on merit, but we believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at ENO to make the arts and cultural sector a more diverse and equal place. As Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) and disabled people are currently under-represented at ENO, we particularly encourage and welcome applications from BAME and disabled applicants.
Music Department Administrator
Reporting to the DOMD, the Music Department Administrator is responsible for providing effective administrative support for Music Department. This is a pivotal role within the company that requires excellent communication and administration skills liaising across the Music Department and the rest of the company.
Your duties will include:
- Diary planning and Management for the MD, DOMD and HOM
- Up to one day week to specifically administratively support the Music Library and Surtitles. Which will include issuing contracts and liaising with translators, and publishers as required, as well as other duties.
- Support the DOMD, HOM and Head of Legal on any Music contract-related matters.
- Type correspondence or documents for the MD, DOMD and HOM
- Take accurate minutes of meetings.
- Keep accurate records and filing systems, including but not limited to operas, budgets, staff holidays and absences.
- Organise recruitment for the Music Department as well as supporting the Chorus, Orchestra and Music Staff Managers where necessary.
- Support the Music Staff and Assistant Chorus Manager in the effective running of the ENO Community Choir.
- Any other duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Diplomacy, discretion and confidence in speaking to a large group of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Full competence in Microsoft Office.
- A desire to maximise the administrative potential for the Music Department.
- A calm, professional manner with a good sense of humour
Please see the attached recruitment pack for more information and how to apply.
As detailed in the recruitment pack, please return as separate attachments to email@example.com by Friday 20th September 2019.
Closing date: Friday 20th September 2019 – 5pm