English National Opera
English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone.
This appointment will be made on merit, but we believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at ENO to make the arts and cultural sector a more diverse and equal place. As Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) and disabled people are currently under-represented at ENO, we particularly encourage and welcome applications from BAME and disabled applicants.
Music Staff and Assistant Chorus Manager
Reporting to the DOMD, and Chorus Manager (CM), the Music Staff and Assistant Chorus Manager is responsible for the effective management and operation of the Music Staff in collaboration with the Head of Music and DOMD and to assist the CM with the effective management and operation of the Chorus. This will involve deputising for the Chorus Manager on a regular basis and regular evenings and weekends.
Your duties will include:
Music Staff Manager
- Administratively line manage all of the members of the ENO Music Staff in collaboration with the Head of Music, ensuring that all members are managed fairly and reasonably in line with the ENO/MU Agreements, policies, procedures and best practice.
- Attend important rehearsals which include first and last rehearsals.
- Create and maintain all personnel records including sickness and absence records, player records and freelance lists.
- Issue contracts for any guest members of music staff.
- Liaise with the Company Office, CM and HOM to assist compiling the weekly call sheet, scheduling the Music Staff in collaboration with the HOM.
- Keep the HOM and DOMD informed of any issues, potential or actual relating to the Music Staff
- Develop a good working relationship with all production teams and conductors throughout the production period.
- Manage and administer all payments and payment records for the Music Staff and any freelance staff.
- Assist the DOMD in administering all of the Music Staff related budgets.
Assistant Chorus Manager
- Maintain strong presence at ENO Chorus music calls, production and stage rehearsals and performance.
- Monitor and track attendance at Chorus calls including NAs, sickness absence, late arrivals etc in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist the CM to ensure that the long-term Chorus schedule is effectively planned.
- Keep the CM and Chorus Master / Assistant Chorus Master informed of any issues relating to Chorus.
- Assist in the administration and management of Chorus budgets including Chorus overtime, ensuring that the available budgets are deployed effectively across the department, in collaboration with the CM
- Reporting to the DOMD and CM respectively, manage all issues regarding health and safety for the Chorus and Music Staff.
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and procedures are fully implemented.
The successful candidate will:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- Full competence in Microsoft Office.
- A desire to maximise the administrative potential for the Music Department.
- A calm, professional manner with a good sense of humour.
Please see the attached recruitment pack for more information and how to apply.
As detailed in the recruitment pack, please return as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 26th September 2019
Closing date: Thursday 26th September 2019 – 5pm