English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone.
This appointment will be made on merit, but we believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at ENO to make the arts and cultural sector a more diverse and equal place. As Black, Asian and minority ethnic and disabled people are currently under-represented at ENO, we particularly encourage and welcome applications from such applicants.
Working with the Director of Marketing and Communications and Internal and External Communications Managers, the Press Officer will be responsible for creating and delivering imaginative media campaigns to promote a selection of ENO’s high profile productions and projects.
Your duties will include:
- Day to day media liaison, acting as the first port of call for all media enquiries
- Creation of proactive and creative media opportunities to secure media coverage
- Arranging and coordinating press tickets and press nights alongside the External Communications Manager
- Working with the Internal Communications Manager and the People team on identifying areas of improved communication within the company, particularly to further ENO’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Supporting the entire Communications team in coordinating internal and external communications, including the work of the Director of Marketing and Communications and Head of Digital Communications when necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent communication skills with a high standard of written/verbal English including good proof-reading skills
- Have a strong understanding of print, broadcast and online media
- Be a collaborative and highly organised team player, able work under own initiative to meet strict deadlines across a number of simultaneous projects
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be a confident individual, able to brief senior staff members and artists, including high-profile singers, conductors and directors
Closing date: 6 April 2021, 10.00