English National Opera
English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone.
This appointment will be made on merit, but we believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at ENO to make the arts and cultural sector a more diverse and equal place. As Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) and disabled people are currently under-represented at ENO, we particularly encourage and welcome applications from BAME and disabled applicants.
Senior Production Manager
The Senior Production Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest possible standards of scenic delivery, making the most effective use of people, systems and budget. The SPM leads the team of production managers to produce quality theatre with established parameters and in the safest possible way.
- Have an overview of all productions in order to deputise for the Technical Director in his / her absence.
- Work with the drawing office on season hanging plots and storage plans in order to facilitate the most effective repertory.
- Delivery of all scenic items in accordance with design, budget, schedule and all relevant H&S legislation.
- Advising designers on feasibility of design methods of construction and budgetary and time constraints.
- Assessing design at early stages and producing detailed castings and risk assessments.
- Advising and negotiating with the Technical Managers, regarding fit-up schedule, rigging, handling, crewing levels, storage, transport, health and safety issues, special effects and practicalities of running a new show in the repertoire.
- Working closely with the drawing office to create design drawings and ensure that all scenic information is distributed appropriately.
- Ensuring that detailed production information is forwarded to all relevant departments in a timely manner.
- Organising and co-ordinating all set requirements during rehearsal period.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th April 2019