We’re delighted to announce that Carrie Cracknell’s production of Berg’s Wozzeck has been nominated for an Olivier Award for ‘Best New Opera Production’.
The nominations announcement took place on the morning of Monday 10 March at Rosewood Hotel. Also nominated was The Firework-Maker’s Daughter at the Linbury Studio Theatre, Royal Opera House which featured ENO Harewood Artist Mary Bevan and Les Vĕpres Siciliennes at the Royal Opera House.
The full list of opera Olivier Award nominations are as follows:
Best New Opera Production
- The Firework-Maker’s Daughter at the Linbury Studio Theatre, Royal Opera House
- Les Vĕpres Siciliennes at the Royal Opera House
- Wozzeck by English National Opera at the London Coliseum
Outstanding Achievement in Opera
- Joyce DiDonato and Juan Diego Flórez for their performances in La Donna Del Lago at the Royal Opera House
- Plácido Domingo for his performance in Nabucco at the Royal Opera House
- English Touring Opera for its brave and challenging touring productions at the Linbury Studio Theatre, Royal Opera House
The award ceremony will take place on Sunday 13 April at Royal Opera House, and will be broadcast on ITV1 later in the evening.
Other ENO collaborators that were nominated for Olivier Awards include Lighting Designer Paule Constable for The Light Princess at the National Theatre, Lyttelton; Nicky Gillibrand for Best Costume Design for The Wind In The Willows at the Duchess Theatre and Es Devlin for Set Design in Chimerica at the Almeida Theatre & Harold Pinter Theatre.
Photo by Tristram Kenton.comments powered by Disqus