Join our American Friends of ENO and enjoy unique and memorable experiences at ENO whilst supporting every aspect of our work.
ENO has enjoyed a close affiliation with the USA for over 30 years.
Many of our operas are produced in collaboration with American opera houses, and American singers, directors and conductors continue to play a vital role in many of ENO’s productions.
The American Friends of ENO is an autonomous not-for-profit organization who support every aspect of ENO’s work and help to raise awareness of ENO to Americans in the US and the UK.
Your support as an American Friend helps us keep opera accessible and expand and enhance our work in learning and participation.
Additionally each year the American Friends support of one of our ENO Harewood Artists who are given the opportunity to develop and learn whilst being cast in major roles at the London Coliseum.
Your involvement as an American Friend provides you with unique, enjoyable and memorable experiences. You can enjoy a range of benefits including first night parties, recitals in private London homes and stage tours, as well as a bespoke series of events.
There has never been a better time than now to support the American Friends of ENO.
Already an American Friend of ENO?
- View our American Friends events and dress rehearsals
- Buy gift membership for your opera-loving friends and family
Join American Friends of ENO
From $310 per year ($35 is not tax-deductible)
- Invitations to an exclusive programme of events
- Advance information on ENO productions
- Inside ENO three times a year
- Recognition in the American Friends supported production programme
- Advanced priority booking for dress rehearsals and events
- An invitation to attend one pre-dress rehearsal talk per season
From $775 per year ($40 is not tax-deductible)
Benefactors receive all the above benefits, plus:
- Access to two music rehearsals per season
- An invitation to one Patron event and a post event supper per season
- Invitation to season launch event with the artistic team
- Invitations to exclusive company recitals and receptions
From $1,550 per year ($65 is not tax-deductible)
Patrons receive all the above benefits, plus:
- Priority booking and a personalised concierge service for your ticket and hospitality requirements
- Invitations to our exciting programme of Patron events, including insight talks, exclusive suppers, parties and our annual gala
- Recognition of your support on our foyer board, website and in production programmes
From $3,875 per year ($120 is not tax-deductible)
Leading Patrons receive all of the above benefits, plus:
- An invitation to a special series of Leading Patron events including recitals and lecture evenings
- An opportunity to be the first to hear about the new season at the annual season launch lunch
From $7,750 per year ($190 is not tax-deductible)
Principal Patrons receive all of the above benefits, plus:
- Bespoke opportunities for involvement and privileges as determined by your interest in the different areas of ENO’s work
- Private tours of the London Coliseum on request
How to join
There are three ways you can become a member of American Friends of ENO
- Complete our AFENO sign up form (pdf)
- If you are a UK taxpayer you can become a member through the Anglo-American Charity which is able to claim UK Gift Aid for The American Friends of ENO on your behalf. The Anglo-American Charity will also provide a receipt for your tax return. For more information please visit the Anglo-American Charity website
- You can send a cheque made payable to The American Friends of ENO, Lilian Baylis House, English National Opera, 165 Broadhurst Gardens, London, NW6 3AX
Get in touch
The American Friends of ENO is a 501(c)3 registered not-for-profit organization enabling American taxpayers to provide crucial support through tax-favourable giving (EIN 13-3823577).
All levels of ENO membership and patronage comprise a benefits value detailing the actual cost of membership to ENO. These benefits can be purchased separately at this price. Any amounts given over and above this benefits value are given freely as a donation.
To discuss purchasing benefits separately please contact the development team on 020 7845 94241