Be part of the future of opera: support our groundbreaking new commissions and collaborations.
ENO Contemporary is a Patrons group founded in 2005 to directly support ENO’s most innovative projects, new commissions, creative initiatives and groundbreaking collaborations across the arts. This dynamic group enables ENO to commit to producing cutting-edge work and invest in new operas.
In recent seasons, productions that have been supported by the group have included: Akhnaten and Satyagraha by Philip Glass; Between Worlds by Tansy Davies; The Gospel According to the Other Mary by John Adams; Thebans by Julian Anderson; Powder Her Face by Thomas Adès; and Two Boys by Nico Muhly.
Marnie: A new opera
Our 2017/18 season includes the world premiere of Marnie. Based on on Winston Graham’s novel of the same name, which inspired Hitchcock’s screenplay, Nico Muhly’s opera opens at the London Coliseum on 18 November 2017.
This exciting new commission is written by Composer-in-Residence Ryan Wigglesworth, directed by eminent British Actor Rory Kinnear making his directorial debut, and designed by seasoned opera and theatre designer Vicki Mortimer.
ENO Contemporary Patrons gain privileged access to the composer, director, cast and creative team of Marnie as they follow how this new work is devised, created and developed from score to stage. Supporters will also have the opportunity to become involved in the artistic journey as we plan our commissions and collaborations in future seasons and enjoy a bespoke series of events that open up opera across the art forms.
ENO Contemporary were delighted to bring together Ryan Wigglesworth with Nico Muhly and Iain Bell, three of the world’s leading contemporary composers, for Opera Now on 5 October 2016. You can listen to the talk, hosted by Radio 3 presenter Lucie Skeaping, online now.
We warmly invite you to play your part in ENO’s future through supporting our groundbreaking new commissions and collaborations through joining ENO Contemporary.
Membership starts from £1,000 per year or £83.35 a month by direct debit.
Where possible, we ask for a commitment of three years of membership, to ensure that we can continue to invest in new commissions and future projects with confidence.
Whilst your support for this production is welcomed and important at any level, we are delighted to offer some bespoke opportunities and experiences for those giving at the following levels:
The opportunity to book for:
- Patron Insight Talk & Supper with members of the cast and creative team*
- Stage and Orchestra rehearsal
- Name credit in all production programmes and on the ENO website and foyer board
As above plus:
- Production Progress evening with Michael Mayer
- Sitzprobe rehearsal: the first time that the singers and orchestra rehearse together
- Orchestra Rehearsal: witness the early rehearsal stages as Martyn Brabbins conducts Nico Muhly’s score with the ENO Orchestra
- Bespoke invitations to events with our partner organisations
- First Night on-stage talk and complimentary programme
- Invitation to the first night pre-performance and interval VIP drinks reception
As above plus:
- Sponsor a role – have your name credited to a character in the programme and meet the performer to discuss their approach to role**
- Access to a private music call with a member of the cast**
- An exclusive pre-season spring meeting with a member of the ENO artistic team to discuss the forthcoming 18/19 season*
*Additional ticket cost applies
**Subject to artist availability or at the creative team’s discretion
All levels of ENO membership and patronage comprise a benefits value detailing the actual cost of membership to ENO. These benefits can be purchased separately at this price. Any amounts given over and above this benefits value are given freely as a donation and are eligible for Gift Aid. To discuss purchasing benefits separately please contact the Development Office on 020 7845 9241
For Gift Aid and VAT purposes, your contribution is split as follows:
£1,000 – Benefits £32 and Donation £968; £5,000 – Benefits £106 and Donation £4,894; £10,000 – Benefits £103 and Donation £9,897