Support opera’s rising stars and help us to invest in the future of young operatic talent
At ENO we are committed to nurturing new operatic talent. The ENO Harewood Artists programme provides exceptional training and support for the best British or British-trained singers at the beginning of their professional careers.
We give these rising stars the opportunity to develop and learn whilst being cast in roles on the London Coliseum stage. Each singer undertakes a programme of vocal and language training, is coached by experts in their repertoire and is fully supported through auditions for career-building performance opportunities in both the UK and abroad.
Alumni have gone on to have critically acclaimed international careers whilst maintaining strong links to ENO and returning to perform in many of our productions. Former Harewood Artists include Sophie & Mary Bevan, Allan Clayton, Nicky Spence, Elizabeth Llewellyn, Elizabeth Watts, Iain Paterson, Leigh Melrose and Sarah Tynan.
ENO Harewood Artists makes a vital contribution to the next generation of operatic talent. The programme costs over £200,000 a year to deliver and is funded entirely through donations.
You can support our Harewood Artists with a donation of £1,500 a year or more.
From £1,500 a year or £125 a month by direct debit
Supporters receive all of the benefits of Opera Circle Supporters, plus:
- Complimentary invitations to three ENO Harewood Artist recitals per season
- A monthly dedicated e-newsletter
From £2,500 a year or £208.33 a month by direct debit
Leading Supporters receive all of the above, plus invitations to:
- the annual ENO Harewood Artists’ Supporters lunch
- a production rehearsal followed by a meet and greet with ENO Harewood Artists in the cast*
From £5,000 a year or £416.66 a month by direct debit
Principal Supporters receive all of the above, plus:
- the opportunity to observe a coaching session*
- an opportunity for a bespoke meeting with an ENO Harewood Artist*
ENO Harewood Artists performing on the London Coliseum stage in the 2019/20 season include:
- Nadine Benjamin (Luisa Miller, Rusalka)
- Katie Coventry (The Mask of Orpheus, Rusalka)
- Matthew Durkan (Carmen)
- David Ireland (The Mask of Orpheus)
- Elgan Llŷr Thomas (The Mikado, Carmen)
- Soraya Mafi (Orpheus and Eurydice, The Mikado)
- William Morgan (The Mask of Orpheus, Orphée)
- Idunnu Münch (Orpheus in the Underworld, Rusalka)
- Alex Otterburn (Orpheus in the Underworld, Carmen)
- Rowan Pierce (The Marriage of Figaro)
- Samantha Price (Carmen)
- Božidar Smiljanic (The Marriage of Figaro)
- Katie Stevenson (The Mask of Orpheus, Madam Butterfly, Rusalka
- Nardus Williams (Carmen)
“The honest advice and mentorship I’ve received has been invaluable and a rare thing in the hurly-burly of the opera world.
“Using the opportunities offered to me as an ENO Harewood Artist has enabled a steady and careful honing of my singing armoury allowing me to build an important foundation for the busy international career I’m enjoying now.”
– Nicky Spence (former ENO Harewood Artist)
*Date subject to artist availability or at the creative team’s discretion.
All levels of ENO membership and patronage comprise a benefits value detailing the actual cost of membership to ENO. These benefits can be purchased separately at this price. Any amounts given over and above this benefits value are given freely as a donation and are eligible for Gift Aid. To discuss purchasing benefits separately please contact the Development Office on 020 7845 9241.
For Gift Aid and VAT purposes, your contribution is split as follows:
- ENO Harewood Artist Supporters: Benefits £93.87 and Donation £1,406.13
- Leading Supporters: £96.87 and Donation £2,403.13
- Principal Supporters: Benefits £139.87 and Donation £4,860.13