Our staff are on hand to make your visit as smooth as possible and we offer the following additional support to ensure all our patrons have a comfortable and enjoyable visit.
We run an access scheme which gives audiences with a disability or health condition the following:
- half price tickets (subject to availability)
- priority booking
- CD, Braille and large print version of the ENO season brochure.
- Braille and large print versions of cast lists and synopses
To join ENO’s access scheme please complete the Registration Form and email it to: [email protected]
For more information, or if you need assistance completing the registration form, please call 020 7845 9300.
Accessibility in the London Coliseum
Access for people who use a wheelchair or a mobility scooter
We have the following dedicated spaces and provisions for wheelchair users:
- two wheelchair spaces in the stalls, two wheelchair spaces in the dress circle and four wheelchair space in the stalls boxes
- transfer seats for those who are able to transfer out of their wheelchairs – four in the dress circle and six in the balcony
- adapted unisex toilets on four out of five levels of the London Coliseum: basement, stalls, dress circle and balcony
- two lifts – including one in the main foyer – which provide access to most levels of the auditorium and to all bars and restaurants
Wheelchair spaces and transfer seats can be booked by access scheme members by calling the box office on 020 7845 9300.
For people who are deaf or hard of hearing
Enhanced sound systems
We offer a free enhanced sound system via headphones.
To pick up your headphones, visit the information desk in the London Coliseum foyer.
ENO offers sign language-interpreted performances where we can.
Signed performances in the 2017/18 Season are:
- Aida, 9 October 2017
- The Barber of Seville, 18 October 2017
- Iolanthe, 21 February 2018
- La traviata, 28 March 2018
- The Marriage of Figaro, 12 April 2018
For people who are blind or have a visual impairment
We offer an audio introduction each opera performance which describes the show and begins 15 minutes before curtain up.
This audio introduction is available via a headset that is supplied free of charge. To pick up your headset, visit the information desk in the London Coliseum foyer.
If you prefer, we can send you this in advance, either by CD in the post, or as an audio link via email. Simply email [email protected] with your preference.
Large print and Braille
The cast list and synopsis for the opera is also available in Braille and large print on the night.
Alternatively, we can send you this material in advance in the following formats: Braille, large print, CD or an email containing an audio link.
Guide dogs and assistance dogs
Guide dogs and assistance dogs are welcome inside the auditorium, but we are also very happy to look after guide or assistance dogs during the show – the choice is yours. We provide all dogs with a water bowl, and can take them for walks during the show.
There are a couple of disabled bays in St Martin’s Lane and in Charing Cross Road. However, these do get snapped up very quickly so we don’t recommend that you rely solely on them.
Instead, we recommend getting dropped off at the theatre in time for the driver to get to Q-Park Trafalgar on Spring Gardens, which is on the other side of Trafalgar Square.
ENO patrons receive a 50% discount at this car park, as well as other nearby car parks. To redeem your discount, please ask the foyer desk at the London Coliseum to validate your car parking ticket and present it to an attendant at your chosen car park.
More information about disabled parking in the area is available here:
Our website font is scalable and its size is determined by the settings of your browser. To adjust your text size,you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Windows, Linux and Chrome OS: Ctrl and +
- Mac: ⌘ and +
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about access at the London Coliseum, please get in touch with our box office:
- call: 020 7845 9300
- minicom: 020 7836 7666
- email: [email protected]