In our 2019/20 opera season, we want to provide a choice of performances to suit you and enhance your experience.
Our opening nights are full of excitement and glamour for our performers and audiences. Our opening nights will have celebrities in attendance from the worlds of entertainment and comedy to sport and ballet.
The buzz starts with our half-price price champagne offer ticking down from 90 to 60 minutes before curtain up.
You can also enjoy a pre-ordered* Picnic Box for two. And you can take photos in our beautiful theatre.
You never know who you might end up sitting next to…
*Picnic boxes need to be pre-ordered by 4pm the previous day by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7845 9202.
Our opening nights for our 2019/20 Season are on:
- Orpheus and Eurydice: 1 October 2019
- Orpheus in the Underworld: 5 October 2019
- The Mask of Orpheus: 18 October 2019
- The Mikado: Gala Performance: 28 October 2019
- Orphée: 15 November 2019
- Carmen: 29 January 2020
- Luisa Miller: 12 February 2020
- Madam Butterfly: 26 February 2020
- The Marriage of Figaro: 14 March 2020
- Rusalka: 28 March 2020
First introduced in 1983 in Canada, surtitles have become standard for opera companies, but we know that for some of you it can distract from an immersive opera experience.
To give you the choice, each production in the 2019/20 season will have a performance which will be surtitle free.
These performances are on
- Orpheus and Eurydice: 17 October 2019
- The Mikado: 2 November 2019
- The Mask of Orpheus:7 November 2019
- Orphée: 18 November 2019
- Orpheus in the Underworld: 26 November 2019
- Carmen: 6 February 2020
- Luisa Miller: 19 February 2020
- Madam Butterfly: 5 March 2020
- The Marriage of Figaro: 25 March 2020
- Rusalka: 1 April 2020
We all know the cost of a late night and for those of you that travel by train from outside London, we want you to be able to enjoy the performance without having to leave immediately after it has finished – your cheers are welcomed.
Our Early Night performances may sometimes start a little earlier but the curtain will be down by 22.00 so the rush for the train home is minimised.
These performances are on
- The Mask of Orpheus: Tuesday 29 October 2019
- Orpheus in the Underworld: Thursday 28 November 2019
- Luisa Miller: Saturday 15 February 2020
- Carmen: Saturday 22 February 2020
- Madam Butterfly: Saturday 29 February 2020
- Madam Butterfly: Saturday 7 March 2020
- Madam Butterfly: Saturday 4 April 2020
- Madam Butterfly: Tuesday 7 April 2020
- Rusalka: Saturday 11 April 2020
- The Marriage of Figaro: Saturday 18 April 2020
Throughout the year, our ENO Baylis team work with children and young people to develop creativity and nurture talent.
Our Opera Extra performances enable these young people to present a short original performance, linked to the themes of the production, on the main stage.
Following the huge success of our free tickets for Under 18s in the Balcony on Saturday performances, we have extended this to Fridays, Saturdays and Opening Nights. So if you want to bring an Under 18 to a performance there are more choices than ever before.
The full list of dates for our 19/20 season is on our Under 18s go free page.