Our privacy commitment to you
Here at English National Opera (ENO), we are committed to protecting your privacy. ENO will always process data in a lawful and fair manner, and this notice is an important part of our commitment to keeping you fully informed about how we will use your information.
We do everything we can to keep your information secure and use it only for the purposes outlined in this ENO Breathe Privacy Notice.
ENO is known as the “data controller” of any personal information you provide. This means that we determine the purposes for and the manner in which your personal data is used.
We are a registered charitable company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 00426792).
Our Charity Registered Number is 257210. We can be contacted at: London Coliseum, St. Martin’s Lane, London, WC2N 4ES, Tel: 020 7836 0111.
For any queries related to our use of your data please email [email protected]
Information obtained directly from you
For detailed information on what we do with your data and how we store it, please read our ENO Breathe Participant Information Sheet.
ENO will collect information from you for participation in the ENO Breathe programme including your:
full name and title, address, age, telephone number, email address.
We will do our best to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site before it reaches us, and any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent access by unauthorised parties.
By providing us with your information, you are giving us permission to use that information to fulfil your participation and evaluation in the ENO Breathe programme. Where you have provided an email address we will contact you by email.
What will ENO use my information for?
Any information ENO collects about you will be used for the sole purpose of participation and evaluation of the ENO Breathe programme. This means we will not gather more data from you than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
How we use your data
Where ENO is using your data to provide you with a service it will be used to:
- sign up to the programme and services we offer via the ENO Breathe programme
- get in touch with you to send you information about the ENO Breathe programme activities
- ask you questions as part of the evaluation of the ENO Breathe programme
How we use your data based on your consent
Where you have given ENO consent to do so, we will:
- share your information with our ENO Breathe programme partner, Imperial College Healthcare Trust
- share your anonymised information with the ENO appointed evaluator.
How to stop us contacting you
You have the right to ask us to stop contacting you at any time. If at any time you do decide that you no longer want us to get in touch with you, just do one of the following:
- email [email protected]
- click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option on any of our emails
- email [email protected]
- write to ENO Privacy at English National Opera, 165 Broadhurst Gardens, London, NW6 3AX
Cookies and your use of our websites
A cookie is a very small text (.txt) file that logs activity on our website. This involves us obtaining an IP address from an individual (for example to track previous visits) which is used to identify whether you might like to receive further information from us, for example regarding production advertising. They are also used where this is necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, protect our services or other users. Please refer to our Cookie Notice.
Currently, we don’t use tools or services which process data outside the EEA. If this changes, we will always require suppliers to ensure adequate protection for personal data by stipulating this in our contracts with them. Please check this Privacy Notice regularly as this could change in the future.
Retaining your Data
We will keep the information you give us only for as long as we need it. This depends on the purpose we are using it for.
Under The General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right to:
- ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you wish to do this or to make any enquiries, please contact [email protected].
- make a complaint. If you have a complaint please contact ENO first by email, post or phone. You also a right to complain to the ICO. Please visit ICO.org.uk
- request that we delete or remove the data we hold about you if: you think that our purposes for processing the data no longer apply; or have withdrawn your consent to our using it and your consent was our lawful basis for processing it; where you consider that our legitimate interests in processing your data do not or no longer apply; and if you think we have processed your data unlawfully
- request restriction of how we process your personal data, which allows you to suspend our use of your data if you: want to ensure the accuracy of your data; want to establish the lawfulness of our use of your data but do not want us to delete it; want us to retain your data beyond the point we require it for the purpose we obtained it for; you have requested that we stop processing your data whilst our legitimate interests are balanced against your individual interests
Please email [email protected] to exercise your rights.
You can find more details about how your data is regulated by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.