Relaxed performances are for everyone, and they may benefit those who might normally find it challenging to access theatre.
Priority Booking Dates
From 04 May at 12.00
Gold and Platinum Friends from 10 May at 12.00
Bronze and Silver Friends from 13 May at 12.00
Access Scheme members:
From 16 May at 12.00
Opens on 24 May at 12.00
- Jump to
Relaxed performances are for everyone, and they may particularly benefit those who might normally find it challenging to access theatre.
This might include anyone with dementia, learning disabilities, an autistic spectrum condition, Tourette’s syndrome, sensory disorders, anxiety, bladder and bowel conditions, and those with young children or babies.
You may choose to attend a relaxed performance because of an access issue, or because you prefer a more relaxed and inclusive environment.
We have three Relaxed performances in our 2022/23 Season:
- The Yeomen of the Guard – Saturday 12 November 2022, 14.30
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Wednesday 7 December 2022, 11.00
- Akhnaten – Tuesday 4 April 2023, 14.30
About The Yeomen of the Guard
The Tower of London is the scene for a tangled web of melancholy and mirth in Gilbert & Sullivan’s beloved operetta, The Yeomen of the Guard. The arrival of a travelling troupe of performers sparks forbidden romances, fantastical plots and unrequited love.
A classic G&S tale ensues, with all the chaos that comes with it – but not necessarily the happy ending we expect from the duo…
The relaxed performance of The Yeomen of the Guard will take place on 12 November 2022 at 14.30.
About It’s a Wonderful Life
Jake Heggie’s (Dead Man Walking, Moby Dick) operatic adaptation of the genre-defining Frank Capra film of the same name, It’s a Wonderful Life will transport you to the idyllic little town of Bedford Falls, where it’s a white Christmas – though not everything is merry and bright.
Down-on-his-luck banker George Bailey (Frederick Ballentine) feels like life has passed him by, so when his guardian angel (Danielle de Niece) pays him a visit, George is shown what life in his beloved Bedford Falls would be like without him in it: maybe it’d be a little less wonderful after all?
The relaxed performance of It’s a Wonderful Life will take place on 7 December 2022 at 11.00
Phelim McDermott’s Olivier Award-winning production of Philip Glass’s Akhnaten returns to the ENO, following sell-out runs at the London Coliseum and the Met Opera.
A mesmerising spectacle, Akhnaten tells the story of one of the world’s most influential figures – the Pharaoh Akhnaten, the first Pharaoh to switch from worshipping a pantheon of gods to just one: the Sun.
The relaxed performance of Akhnaten will take place on 4 April 2023 at 14.30
What’s different at a Relaxed Performance?
- Open-door policy: you can leave your seat and the auditorium as much as you like throughout the performance as we keep the house lights up.
- Making noise during the performance is permitted, and encouraged!
- Removal of any sudden loud sound effects or flashing lights
- Auditorium doors are open much earlier
- Dedicated ‘chill-out space’ front of house
- Alternative quiet space to watch the performance on a screen in the foyer
- Additional friendly members of staff to help and support your visit
- Pre-visit accessible resources available to download (e.g. visual story)
Concessionary rates are available, plus a free ticket scheme to personal assistants or carers.
How do I book?
As part of our Under 21s scheme at ENO, all young people under 21 go FREE and adult tickets start from £15*.
- Individual or family tickets can be booked by submitting an online ticket request form, which will be available from 16 May.
- If you are a school, charity or community group making a group booking, please complete our group ticket application form, also available from 16 May.
We will then contact you to confirm your booking and take payment.
Please provide all of the access needs for your party so we can make your visit as easy as possible.
*plus £2.25 booking fee per ticket.