1. You can’t help but be swept away with Butterfly’s heart-rending story
Her love will return. She knows he will. One fine day… Madam Butterfly follows the tragic tale of Cio Cio San – a young Japanese girl who falls n love with American naval officer Pinkerton, with devastating consequences.
2. This Olivier Award-winning production is ‘ravishingly beautiful’ ★★★★★ (Evening Standard)
Originally directed by film-maker Anthony Minghella, ENO’s sumptuous staging features a stunning mix of cinematic images, traditional Japanese theatre, colourful costumes and breathtaking sets. Watch the trailer.
3. You’ll hear some of opera’s most beautiful melodies performed by a world-class cast and orchestra
Puccini’s moving score features some of opera’s most famous music, including the instantly recognisable ‘One fine day’. Richard Armstrong conducts, with soprano Rena Harms as Cio-Cio San, and tenor David Butt Philip as Pinkerton.
4. Take in the spectacular setting of the London Coliseum
The magnificent surroundings of London’s largest theatre make for the perfect place to share an evening with friends and family. With five different bars and a restaurant, arrive a little early to enjoy a bite to eat or a drink before the show.
5. You can experience this acclaimed staging from just £12*
With great views of the stage throughout the theatre, there are at least 500 tickets at every performance for £20 or less. So whatever your budget, ENO offers brilliant opera experiences at a price you can afford.
*plus booking fee.