Our talks are the perfect introduction to our productions, accessible for both opera newcomers and seasoned opera-goers.
- Jump to
Learn more about the new productions in ENO’s season by joining one or all of our series of lively pre-performance conversations.
Members of the creative team, cast, ENO staff and guest speakers share behind-the-scenes insights and provide context around our productions. Talks last for approximately 45 minutes.
2019/20 pre-performance talks
Our Spring Season talks will all be hosted by Sarah Lenton.
Sarah Lenton is a writer, lecturer and broadcaster on 18th- and 19th-century theatre. She writes articles and gives Insight Day and pre-performance talks for the Royal Opera House, ENO and Garsington Opera, and is a frequent contributor for BBC Radio 3 opera broadcasts and podcasts.
Luisa Miller: Fri 21 February, 17:30
- Assistant Conductor, Stephanie Childress
- Staff Director, Simone Jonetsu Ibbett-Brown
- Writer and Academic, Professor Jonathan White, University of Essex
Madam Butterfly: Wed 11 March, 17:30
- Staff Director, Ruth Knight
- Writer and Journalist, Lesley Downer
- Blind Summit Puppeteer, Mark Downes
The Marriage of Figaro: Thu 19 March, 17:00
- Assistant Conductor, James Henshaw
- Staff Director, Crispin Lord
Rusalka: Fri 3 April, 17:00