The Mikado Relaxed Performance
Enjoy a performance of The Mikado in a relaxed environment
- Jump to
The relaxed performance of The Mikado will take place on 23 November at 11:00.
This performance is ideal for adults and children who might benefit from a more relaxed performance environment – including those with an autism spectrum condition, sensory and communication disorders or learning disability.
About The Mikado
The Mikado is one of most famous and best-loved of Gilbert and Sullivan’s operettas.
Nanki-Poo loves Yum-Yum but she’s betrothed to Ko-Ko, the new Lord High Executioner. When the Mikado orders a beheading, Nanki-Poo and Ko-Ko try to come to an arrangement that doesn’t involve anyone losing their head!
What changes are made to a relaxed performance?
- The lights in the audience will be slightly dimmed so that it’s not too dark
- You can make noise during the show
- You can go in and out of the auditorium as you please
- If you need a break there are chill out areas
- We make small changes to the lights and sound (such as removing loud or sudden sound effects and taking out strobes lights)
How do I book?
We are offering tickets for the relaxed performance at the reduced rate of £10-£20*.
Tickets can be booked by submitting this online ticket request form. We will then call you to confirm your booking and take payment.
Alternatively you can book directly over the phone (020 7845 9300) or in person at the London Coliseum box office. Please provide all of the access needs for your party so we can make your visit as easy as possible.
Tickets cannot be booked through our website.
Relaxed performance supported by The Alchemy Foundation